Disclaimer & Copyright Notices; Optimized for the MS Edge
Nova Scotia, Home of the Wise and the Tolerant
- Nova Scotia is the origin of the Pugwash Conferences on Science and World Affairs (co-recipient of the 1995 Nobel Peace Prize), and home of the world renown Coady International Institute:
- The Russell-Einstein Manifesto, issued in London, 9 July 1955, led to the establishment of the Pugwash Peace Conferences, founded by Sir Cyrus Eaton.
- "Established by St. Francis Xavier University in 1959,
and named for Rev. Dr. Moses Coady, the Coady International Institute
works with innovative people and organizations to create effective and
practical solutions to reduce global poverty and injustice. Coady
accomplishes this through leadership education, action partnerships,
and initiatives to help young Canadians become active global citizens".
- The World Peace Pavilion in Dartmouth, and
"Let Your Vision Be World Embracing"
- Shubenacadie song- on video (4:18 minutes)
- .... produced by the Soil & Water Conservation Society of Metro Halifax (SWCSMH)
|(Click on the above painting for the history)
Geographic location of Nova Scotia
We salute the Chebucto Community Net (CCN) of Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada for hosting our web site, and we applaud its volunteers for their devotion in making `CCN' the best community net in the world!