Disclaimer & Copyright Notices; Optimized for the MS Edge
Select dealings with Nova Scotia Environment (NSE)
Soil & Water Conservation Society of Metro Halifax (SWCSMH)
Modified: July 27, 2017
.............. with salutations to our primary founding partner in 1989, the Nova Scotia Environment Department; Formal inaugural invitation d/December 20, 1989 on the suggestion of their limnologist. Dr. John Underwood PhD ...............
Table of Contents:
Following is only a representative selection of our relevant dealings; see also our individual lake pages in our Narrative on select lakes/rivers:
- Intensive discussions at a managers' meeting of the Department; February 08, 1991
- Commitment by the Hon. Robbie Harrison; February 21, 1994
- Our select formal scientific presentations to the Department on December 15, 1994; and on March 08, 1995
- A policy communiqué from Premier John Hamm MD; October 08, 1999
- Select dealings with Darrell Taylor, Water Quality Analyst, pursuant to a policy communique' from Premier John Hamm MD; October 08, 1999
- A confirmation letter from the Hon. Ron Russell; October 25, 1999
- Our third detailed scientific presentation to the Department on June 13, 2000
- The kind visit of Deputy Minister, Ron L'Esperance, to
Shalom Mandaville's city apartment to discuss various issues and
develop partnerships of mutual interest; July 17, 2003 .... with salutations.
Intensive discussions at a managers' meeting of the Department; February 08, 1991 at 10.10 AM
The meeting was organized by the Manager of
the Central Region, Dianne Coish. Also present were Howard Windsor,
Director of Regional Offices; John Turner PEng, Director of Resource
Management & Pollution Control; and Andy Cameron, Manager, Water
Quality Branch. The meeting was held between us and the department to
clarify certain roles.
A February 21, 1994 letter of commitment by the Hon. Robbie Harrison
We donated synoptic studies we carried out especially for the honourable minister easily worth over $50,000 on a prior written request from the Minister
We made a third detailed scientific presentation to the Department
....... and follow-up discussions from 1:30
PM to 4:30 PM on June 13, 2000. Present were Mr. John Theakston PEng
and Mr. Darrell Taylor of the Ecosystem & Risk Management Branch
headed by Ms. Kate Moir.
We salute the Chebucto Community Net (CCN) of Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada for hosting our web site, and we applaud its volunteers for their devotion in making `CCN' the best community net in the world!