Disclaimer & Copyright Notices; Optimized for the MS Internet Explorer
Graceful admissions by the Nova Scotia Dept. of the Environment (NSE), and the Halifax Regional Municipality (HRM)
Soil & Water Conservation Society of Metro Halifax (SWCSMH)
December 30, 2010
- Salutations to Premier John Hamm MD for
his integrity and honesty when he admitted to the lack of any authentic
limnologists on the staff of the NSE; October 08, 1999.
- Thanks to the Hon. David Morse for also being honest on the fact that the NSE did not have any authentic limnologists; June 25, 2001.
- HRM staff's submission to the Regional Council (September 19, 2001)
in response to our presentation to the Council asking them to set up a
credible and pragmatic Lakes Authority staffed with qualified Applied
Limnologists (August 21, 2001).
- An admission in the media by a HRM's Planning
Department official that there were no freshwater experts on staff who
are responsible for reviewing water quality tests; March 18, 2004.
- A graceful admission by Dr. Tony Blouin PhD, formerly with the HRM.
- Councillor Jim Smith's concerns re lakes, and salutations for his honesty!
We salute the Chebucto Community Net (CCN) of Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada for hosting our web site, and we applaud its volunteers for their devotion in making `CCN' the best community net in the world